Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hello Kitty: Glitter Kitty

Sorry for the light - I had to take these inside.

Hello, Konaddicts!  I've seen a lot of Hello Kitty designs using a red background.  It's been a while since I've worn a Hello Kitty mani, so I decided to try one out using red.

I started with Love My Nails Pomegranate.  I stamped kitty in white using plate B87 - a good, full sized Hello Kitty image.  I filled in that outline with a nail brush using Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Whirlwind White.

I stamped kitty in Wet n Wild Black Creme over my white circle and used a nail brush to fill in edges.

I did the accents next, using Insta Dri Lightening for kitty's nose and Kleancolor Metallic Red for her bow.

I was planning to use some glitter on my ring finger as an accent nail.  I decided this would be a perfect occasion to try out Milani Jewel FX Gems - a color I've been saving "for the right time" (you nail folks know what I mean!).



I added Jewel Fix to the accent nails, but I liked the sparkle so much, I had to add it to all the other nails.  I tried to polish around kitty.

Finally, used Konad Special polish in white and plate QA12 for KT design on accent nail.

Here's a view of them without the flash.

And one last closeup:


Even with the less than great light, it's obvious that these are my most sparkly kitties yet!

Take care, Konaddicts!

3 comments:

Shannara said...

looks so cute, love kitty!

Jocelyn said...

Thanks, Shannara!

bjones0625 said...

We are very partial to the KITTY!

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis