Friday, December 21, 2012

Furry Grinch Nails



Hello, everyone!
So, I've been wanting to try out a velvet manicure for a while now.  I also haven't done many holiday designs - I've been too obsessed with my magnetic polishes.  So, when I started this manicure, I figured I could knock out two birds with one stone - a velvet manicure with a holiday theme!

I ordered flocking powder especially for nails, but while I was waiting for that to arrive, I decided to try out Martha Stewart flocking powder (with glitter!) from a local craft store.

I started with a Martha's flocking powder in green and I selected a polish color to match.


Once I got the polish on, I thought, "Hey, this reminds me of the Grinch!"  I'm not much of an artist, so when I saw a crochet patter for this hat, I had an idea of how to draw a simple Grinch face.  I added a little red and white with a nail pen to add to the Christmas theme.

So I was thrilled with these!  I couldn't wait until the next day to try to take a nice photo in the sunlight.

Unfortunately, all of my flocking fell off!!  It seems like (at least to me) the fibers aren't long enough to really say in the polish and to give the nail that fuzzy look.  It might also be a result of the glitter - which looks lovely, but must also make the flocking less dense.

So...
by the next day...
my Grinches were kind of balding!


Oh...now that makes me feel Grinchy indeed!

Oh well, I wanted to share anyway!  I hope your holiday nails are staying together better than mine! :)

By the way, there have been some GREAT holiday designs floating around the blogosphere.  I LOVE the designs that look like cities or snowglobes.  I think I am officially obsessed with Playful Polish's Christmas Design here.  Isn't that the cutest thing?  I think I might have to try it before the holidays are over!  Are there any designs you're trying to fit in before the holidays are over?


2 comments:

Maria said...

very pretty :)

Jackie said...

This is adorable....even after he started balding LOL....Happy Holidays!!

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis