Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Floral Layers


One of the ladies in the Facebook Adventures in Stamping group showed off a gorgeous design and inspired me to try out the some layering.

I love the sparkle and the almost 3D effect that the layers create.

You can really see the glitter in artificial light! 
Here's what I used:



Layer 1: Two coats of Sally Hansen Extreme Wear polish in Lacey Lilac.
Layer 2: Cover Girl City Lights, a clear holographic glitter
Layer 3: Big pink flowers with Sally Hansen Insta Dri Fuschia Flare and Cheeky CH12 (pattern A in the photo below).
Layer 4: Smaller flowers with Cheeky CH12 and a Beautiful Scratchers Special Polish in Pastel Green (pattern B).  I had intended to stop there, but the green faded to almost white, so I decided to add one more layer.
Layer 5: Big flowers with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in The Real Teal.  On the middle finger, I used Kleancolor Metallic Aqua but decided I liked the subtler color better.  I used Fauxnad M26 for the flowers (C).

I was pretty happy with the results!  I liked the sparkle and depth created by the layers.  I'm definitely going to try more of this.

What about you, Konaddicts?  Have you tried layering your patterns?  What combinations do you like best?

2 comments:

Post a Comment

Wow - a comment! Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis